It’s been quite awhile since I did one of these, so here goes. Some notables from 2016:
- pycsw: the release of 2.0 “Doug” provided the first OGC compliant CSW 3.0 implementation, as well as Python 3 support. These two major enhancements provide the long term backbone for the project moving into the future
- GeoHealthCheck: GHC provided the inspiration for the Harvard Hypermap project. In addition, the project is being used in numerous internal environments and has caught the itch of Just van den Broecke! It’s amazing what happens when you put a UI on top of workflows
- PyWPS: version 4.0 was released which represented a major update/rewrite/licence change of the project. For WOUDC, we’ve implemented PyWPS as part of real-time workflows for data validation. Finally, the project has moved along the OSGeo incubation process nicely and is hours away from being submitted for project graduation
- pygeometa: the little metadata creation tool now supports the WMO Core Metadata Profile
- GeoNode: now an OSGeo project!
- another year (circa 2012) of not smoking
- I lost 35 lbs in 2016 thanks to a true, deep commitment to the Greek/Mediterranean diet. A huge thank you goes out to Olive Tomato, which has provided awesome recipes and advice
- pycsw: look for some big improvements to our test suite, as well as ElasticSearch support
- pygeometa: move to YAML as the configuration format
- PyWPS OSGeo incubation: we’re almost there! Hoping to complete this by spring
- GeoHealthCheck: implementing a GHC API and plugin mechanism are two key enhancements which we will hopefully tackle at the OSGeo Code Sprint in Daytona Beach. As well, as following the developments of newly formed OGC Quality of Service and Experience Domain Working Group
Wishing you and yours a healthy and happy 2017!